add share buttonsSoftshare button powered by web designing, website development company in India

Home » Home and Garden » Can I Handle and Remove Asbestos Products on My Own?

Can I Handle and Remove Asbestos Products on My Own?

Newcastle Asbestos

Removing or even handling a product containing Asbestos is considered a highly dangerous activity. Due to its many minute toxic fibres, any asbestos-containing products should never be handled on your own. A slight break or even slightly disturbing the product can release these fibres airborne making them immediately harmful to everyone around the area. 

Once airborne the microscopic fibres are easily breathed in and they find themselves on tissues of various organs in the body and tear the tissue linings eventually. Cancer mainly lung cancer, asbestosis, and mesothelioma are all diseases born out of inhaling these toxic fibres.

The diseases are known to develop over time and by trying to remove a product containing asbestos the particles and fibres will remain and stay at your place meaning more years of unknown exposure and even more risk of becoming seriously ill.

Therefore, if you think you might have identified asbestos in a product, it is highly advised to not touch the product and call-in experts and specialists to deal with the product. If you are currently residing in a home built before the year 2000, it is advised to get the home tested for any asbestos products. If the test returns positive, removal must be top-priority.

For properly dealing with Asbestos, Newcastle is the place where you will find people who will properly handle a dangerous material like asbestos and even dispose it properly so it won’t affect the health of anyone around.