The process of HypnoBirthing is based on the power of the idea. The laboring woman uses positive statements, visualizations, and suggestions to relax her body, guide her ideas, and control her breathing.
It can either do it yourself (self-hypnosis) or receive help from a hypnotherapist. Sometimes women work with a certified hypnotherapist to learn self-hypnosis. To find more about the hypnobirthing techniques visit www.hypnobirthinghub.com/free-resources/hypnobirthing-video-technique.
Image Source: Google
They often play a tape of verbal affirmations that help them enter a calm state of self-hypnosis. Otherwise, they could use a visualization, like a flower opening its petals to the picture of what is happening to them and achieve relaxation.
A hypnotherapist may or may not be present at the birth, depending on the needs of the pregnant woman. For some people, self-hypnosis is easy to implement, while others respond better to the help of a therapist.
Some of the benefits of HypnoBirthing:
1. It is a natural form of pain management. There are no drugs with potential side effects for you or your baby.
2. It can provide comfort, relaxation, and relief during labor.
3. It can reduce stress and fear during childbirth.
4. It keeps you alert and awake.
5. It creates a better experience postpartum. If a woman feels that she endorsed the best decisions for their particular situation, no matter how the birth plays then, she has postpartum easier if her baby is easier to live better and nurses, HypnoBirthing that babies tend to be and do, it's easier on mom and dad!