Capable of causing harmful diseases to the human body is called asbestos. This is a thin material comprising of harmless appearance however, if it enters the body then it is considered as dangerous. These are some of the facts you should know once you or any individual gets exposed to asbestos.
- The Majority of the asbestos is capable of coming out of the body but, few materials sadly enter which gets accumulated on the surface of the lungs. If it does manage to enter the lungs then the symptom only starts to show after a few years. Symptoms include chest pains, difficulty in breathing etc.
- If an individual is exposed to asbestos for a longer period of time, then it can cause serious issues even life-threatening in few cases.
- Even after an individual goes through treatment, there is no guarantee of safety stated by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- After taking a few treatments, you are still in danger of diseases caused by asbestos.
- Around 3000 people in the United States of America are faced with asbestos-related problems. And it seems the numbers keep adding up.
- An individual exposed to asbestos only starts to show symptoms once he or she crosses the age of 30. Before that, it is hard to find any symptoms.
- If you smoke, then consider quitting immediately as asbestos causes diseases such as lung cancer. After all, the diseases caused by asbestos are all related to the lungs.
After reading these facts on asbestos, consider getting asbestos testing in Newcastle from a professional and get it removed asap.