Home » Posts tagged 'Wifi extender'
Tag Archives: Wifi extender
Wifi extender is a very useful electronic device that works with old systems and brings better coverage and strength the WiFi signals. If you recently bought a wifi extender and seeking for some tips on how to set up Netgear wifi extender then, this post is only for you. Here, in this post we will discuss step to step instructions for setting up Netgear WiFi Extender.
- Place your Netgear wifi extender in the same room of the existing WiFi router.
- Make sure your router is up to date.
- Connect the Netgeat Extender to a wall socket and wait until the power LED become stable.
- Once you are connected open any browser like chrome, firebox, opera mini etc.
- Type httpwww.mywifiext.net in search bar and then press next, this will take you the set up page
- Click on new Extender setup page and fill all the details like user id, password and security question.
- Once you provide all details click on WiFi Range Extender. It will show you the list of all available networks which you want to pair up so that WiFi Range can be extended.
- Select the router whose wifi signals you want to extend.
- Provide the login details and click on next, it will start pairing process.
- On the next page it will ask for a preferred network configuration.
- Select the setting as per your requirements and click on Finish.
Now, Netgear Wifi Extender setup is complete and you can enjoy high speed wifi network without any interruption. There are some problems which crop up while configuring Netgear Wifi Extender. Below are some simple steps that you should follow to fix these problems:
- If extender is not connecting to your existing wifi router then it is recommended to place the extender near to the router and try to reconnect it again. Once the setup is done you can place your Netgear extender anywhere you want.
- If extender is not connected even placed near to the wifi router then the extender has been connected to some other available network. So, switch off other network device and try to connect it again.
- If www.mywifiext.net is not opening the setup page, then type 192.168.0.1 manually to the search bar and press enter.
If you still getting any issue while configuring the Netgear wifi extender with your existing WiFi router then feel free to connect with My WiFi Ext Fix experts and get the required help.