When choosing a new refrigerator, there are many things to consider when you start shopping and comparing different brands and models. A refrigerator is a significant investment and you want to ensure that your new purchase will meet the needs of your family not only this year but for years to come. You can also buy quality refrigerators at America Best Appliances.
What type, size, and style of the refrigerator?
Before you start shopping, you need to determine which type of refrigerator will work best in the space and how you and your family will use it. The types available include:
– Full-size fridge/freezer
– Refrigerator/freezer with depth (front parallel to the front of the main cabinet)
– Built-in refrigerator/freezer
– Professional built-in refrigerator and freezer combination
– A compact or built-in refrigerator and freezer
Unless you're remodeling your kitchen, you'll need to find a suitable appliance in the same location and space as your current refrigerator. You can find slightly larger models that will still fit in the available space. Remember to measure carefully and accurately.
Which functions should be considered?
Additional features mean additional costs but choosing the right features for your family can make all the difference in ease of use and convenience. Here are the main features to consider:
– Energy Star Rating – Greater energy efficiency lowers your annual operating costs.
– Make sure the shelf is sturdy, easy to clean, and easy to replace.
– Temperature and humidity controls should be easy to reach and adjust.
So be careful when buying a refrigerator.